Join a Winning Team at Mercedes-Benz of West Chester
We are always looking for bright, motivated, and energetic professionals to add to our world-class team. Our employees work together towards a common goal to offer the best service in the industry. If you feel that your skills would be a valuable asset to our customers, we want to get to know you!
Contact us for the latest employment opportunities and to schedule an interview.
Please click the button below to initiate the online application process:
Begin The Application Process
Dealership Receptionist and Cashier: Mercedes-Benz of West Chester
This position is a key to our success as a Luxury Brand. We are seeking a RECEPTIONIST AND CASHIER to join our Elite Service/SalesTeam. The right individual will need to be confident and positive in a fast-paced environment requiring strong team cohesion and people skills. The receptionist/cashier is often the customers last contact with the dealership and thus must represent the dealership in a consistently friendly, welcoming, reassuring, and professional manner. With the right personality and work ethic, there are many opportunities for development of your skills and experience in an exciting and growing industry.
- TEAM PLAYER MENTALITY
- HARD WORKING, HONEST, RELIABLE, AND PUNCTUAL
- READY TO LEARN WITH AN OPEN MIND
- Phone reception, cashiering, or customer service not required but preferred.
- Must have strong multitasking skills and be able to perform under the pressure of competing demands (e.g., balancing customers waiting to pay against incoming phone calls)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (some trade school preferred but not required)
- All applicants must have the ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks and drug screen.
- Local candidates only, must live within 45-minutes drive to 45069 with reliable transportation.
- Basic skills with computer and other office machines (phone system, copier, credit card machine, telephone, adding machine) necessary to perform the reception/cashiering duties
- Excellent written and oral communication and literacy
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Ability to perform simple math calculations
- Ability to work well with customers and present a friendly, helpful attitude AT ALL TIMES
- A fast learner who is comfortable with change and motivated to learn new things
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Must have excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and multitasking skills Enjoys reassuring customers and defusing situations when needed
- Enjoys reassuring customers and defusing situations when needed
- Ability to maintain a professional and pleasant attitude under a variety of circumstances
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor
This position requires your prompt presence every Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Candidates should only apply if they are willing to report 5-10 minutes early and stay up to 10 minutes late if customer needs occasionally warrant such. Reliability and promptness is a must. Although schedules do not often change, there are occasional staffing related situations that can arise that will warrant occasional flexibility and the possibility of schedule realignment within reason (e.g., another receptionist/cashier undergoing a medical procedure requiring backfill or schedule shift).
Customer Reception/Cashiering Duties (Summary):
- Perform phone reception duties
- Field and accurately route incoming calls to the customer’s needed destination
- Patiently and courteously reassure customers waiting to speak to various services specialists (e.g., Auto Service Advisors, Sales Consultants) without “leaving the customer on the phone hanging out there”
- Verify and explain the customer’s bill using the dealership’s computer system
- Re-perform computer calculation of charges due if requested by customer
- Receive cash, checks and credit card payments from customers and record the amount received on the repair order and/or counter ticket
- Make change accurately and issue receipts to customers; have every repair order signed by the customer at time of payment
- Calculate and record totals of counter tickets and repair orders and verify against all cash, checks and credit card payments on hand at end of shift
- Work with department managers to keep abreast of new products and services offered by the dealership and any changes in price
- Refer customers who have additional questions (e.g. questions about their repair order) to the service advisor or other appropriate individual
- Handle customer complaints with integrity and poise and take or refer the complaining customer to the appropriate individual for further communication
- Give cash refunds accurately to customers for approved returned merchandise
- Maintain service files timely
- Monitor the customer waiting area for basic attention (e.g., replace coffee beans in grinder at refreshment center when needed)
- Provide assistance to the accounting office as directed on an individual task basis
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned and/or required by business need.
- Great hourly pay plan
- Full Benefits Package
- Position eligible for employer-subsidized medical (ACA compliant), dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401, HSA, and short-term disability also available
- Paid vacation/sick time (PTO)
- FMLA extended to employees satisfying federal requirements
- Substantial employee discounts available on new vehicle purchases, all vehicle service and parts
- Opportunities for advancement
- A Professional And Respectful Work Environment
- Equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Local Candidates Only:
West Chester, OH
High school or equivalent